The High School Counselor functions as a primary student advocate within the school community by challenging, encouraging and supporting students. Counseling Center services include individual and group counseling, conferences with students, parents and faculty, student assessments, college and career information, consultation and coordinating referral services. On a day to day basis we are also available to deal with crisis situations that need immediate attention.
Check out our latest Counseling Center Newsletter: Winter 2019 Newsletter
Senior Notes Links
Applications for working papers may be obtained or submitted before or after school. Working cards are usually issued the following day. Students must appear in person to sign their card. Please plan ahead.
– Find information about any career
– Find career ideas to match your interests and abilities
– Career ideas relating to college major
– Exploring Career Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics based on what you like to do.
– Career exploration information from The NYS Dept of Labor; match your career interests to tasks, skills and knowledge used in various occupations.
– A leading resource for the military world of work
Students and parents are reminded that applications for college and scholarships MUST be submitted to the Counseling Center AT LEAST FIVE SCHOOL DAYS prior to the deadline. This is required due to the individual attention that each application receives. Written requests for transcripts and records must allow for 5 school days processing time. The CEEB code for Tamarac High School is # 335593.
Exploring College and Career
This booklet is designed to be a valuable tool for 11th and 12th graders and their parents in planning and preparing for college exploration and career choices. Please refer to it for step by step guidance in all phases of the college research, application and selection process.
– Search for a college which meets your criteria. A great site from The College Board.
– College 411- Find the college that’s right for you!
– US News and World Report- Find a college to suit your interests
– An easy to use tool for college and scholarship searches
– Get information on the top college majors, college info and more.
– A complete listing of the 64 SUNY campuses
Apply directly by using
October 2018 Financial Aid Information Session- Click here for Presentation
Students may pick up Financial Aid handouts and resources in the Counseling Center
Financial Aid Resources
– Student Financial Aid Awareness
– Empowered Financial Planning
– The most complete Financial Aid site on the Internet.
– Finding scholarships to help pay for college
– New York State Higher Education Service-Your Source for College Financial Aid
– SAT , SAT Subject Tests and PSAT Information
– Challenge yourself with SAT vocabulary and more.
– Download and take a real practice test. Watch videos showing solutions for problems you got wrong or found difficult.
– SAT practice exams
– ACT Information
– Commercial site for test prep information
– Prepare for NYS Regents Exams
– Our fall newsletter specifically designed for our 9th and 10th grade students! This issue contains information such as “I’m the School Counselor” and “The Road to College and Career Planning” along with tips and other advice for you and your parents.
Course Selection Guide 全民双色球旧版下载-2021 – Access the High School Course Selection Guide to use as a reference when choosing your course of studies. This resource outlines high school graduation requirements and provides a description of courses offered in the High School.
– Help yourself improve your study strategies
– LOTS of help with Essay writing and college application organization
– Design a professional resume
– ” Family First Aid” A wealth of resources regarding Adolescence
– Important information and registration information for prospective NCAA Division I and II student athletes and their families. Review the List of Approved Core Courses (Tamarac code #335593) and make sure all of your courses are approved for NCAA credit.
Request for Transcript – for former students and graduates