Brunswick (Brittonkill) Central School District believes participation in sports provides students unique opportunities and experiences that teach teamwork, good sportsmanship and other qualities that support a well-rounded education.
PRACTICE SCHEDULES FOR MODIFIED, JV, AND VARSITY WINTER SPORTS (February 3 – 16, 全民双色球旧版下载 )CAN BE FOUND HERE: Winter Practice Schedule – February 3, 全民双色球旧版下载 through February 16, 全民双色球旧版下载
All is subject to change
Want to support your favorite Bengal and take 全民双色球旧版下载 some Tamarac Athletics Merchandise? Click
GET INSTANT UPDATES AND REMINDERS REGARDING SPORTS ACTIVITIES DIRECTLY TO YOUR E-MAIL OR CELL PHONE USING ScheduleGalaxy!
For those of you that are new to our school or those of you who have not heard, starting in Fall 2019, we are now using , a tool that enhances both the scheduling process and public access to contest information. Please click on ScheduleGalaxy Directions to learn how to access the program and download the app! We are confident this will be a great tool in helping you stay up-to-date with Tamarac Bengals’ sporting events!
Parent/Guardian and Spectator Code of Conduct
The essential elements of character building and ethics in athletics are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. The highest potential athletics is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
Therefore while attending 全民双色球旧版下载 and away events:
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games.
- I will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak to coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will remember that student athletes participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his or her performance.
- I will require my child treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
- I will promote the emotional and physical well being of the student athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my own child to win.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the student athletes.
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players’ coaches, officials, and spectators at every game, practice or sporting event.
- I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I understand that any violation of this code of conduct may be cause for dismissal, suspension or permanent expulsion from future athletic contest(s).
The school district will take the appropriate steps listed below if administrative consequences are necessary, (One or more of the violations may be applied)
- Verbal warning issued and documented by a game official, chaperone and/or school official.
- If behavior continues suspension or immediate ejection from the sports event will be issued by a game official, chaperone and/or school official.
- The Athletic Advisement Committee (or its designees) will meet to determine whether anyone suspended or ejected may attend future athletic events. The offender(s) will have an opportunity to meet with the Athletic Advisement Committee. The following actions may be taken by the committee: The initial suspension or ejection is an adequate consequence.
- The incident is documented and any violations of the Code of Conduct in the future will have more severe consequences.
- Suspension from multiple sports events (全民双色球旧版下载 and/or away). Any misconduct during or after the suspension may cause the Athletic Advisement Committee (or its designees) to pursue Action C.
- Season suspension or multiple season suspension issued with approval from the Board of Education.
Section II Sportsmanship Policy for Athletes
- Learn and understand the rule of your sport. Play hard, play to win, but play fairly within these guidelines.
- Do not allow your temper to distract you from the fundamentals of good sportsmanship. Maintain self control.
- Respect your opponent. Never taunt. Congratulate him or her at games’ end. Acknowledge good play.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of officials. Never question the decision of an official.
Be an example for your school, teammates, and opponents.
A player who is disqualified from a contest for unsportsmanlike behavior by an official is prohibited from playing in the next regularly scheduled contest.
Code of Ethics and Sportsmanship Policy
NYSPHSAA Inc. Code of Ethics
- To emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- To eliminate all possibilities which ten to destroy the best values of the game.
- To stress the values derived playing the game fairly.
- To show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- To establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- To respect the integrity and judgment of the sports officials.
- To achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and the standards of eligibility.
- To encourage leadership, use of initiative, and good judgment by players on the team.
- To recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promise the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the individual players.
- To remember that an athletic contest is only a game—not a matter of life or death for player, coach, school, fan, community, state, or nation.
Important Information About Concussions
To help keep student athletes safe, there has been an increased focus on concussions in schools. New York State’s mandated rules help coaches, students and parents identify symptoms of concussions. “We’ve always been cautious about this but there has been a renewed focus given all the recent medical information about concussions,” said Athletic Director Donna VanZandt. Posted 8/22/12.
Free Online Video Provides Advice for Parents of Student Athletes
Athletic Director Donna VanZandt recommends a . The video provides strategies about how parents can help make their student’s competition in sports an enjoyable experience. Posted 10/25/10.